Like our Dem primary content? A fan of Rebel Art Fridays? Below is an up to archive of our posts, arranged thematically. For those longtime readers (hi Mom) looking for our “Glossary,” we decided to let that go.
Rebel Art Fridays: our series on great, and brave, art, in response to dark times like these.
- 7.10.2020 – Hard Rain
- 1.10.2020 – Art that inspired, soothed, and boldly sought the sublime, in 2019
- 12.21.2019 – Don’t Let the Light Go Out
- 9.6.2019 – Irish Rebel Songs – Part I
- 8.23.2019 – Radical Decency in the Face of Fascism (Casablanca)
- 8.16.2019 – Anna Akhmatova’s quiet defiance of Stalin’s Great Purge
- 8.9.2019 – Malvina Reynolds, Nina Simone, and the importance of being “nice”
- 8.2.2019 – Agnes Humbert – A diary of Resistance
- 7.26.2019 – Richie Havens’ “The Klan”
- 2.3.2018 – At the Movies, in 2018
Democratic Primary: our coverage of the 2020 Dems.
- 2.9.2020 – A Leader for the Coming Storm: Elizabeth Warren, 2020 (Part III)
- 1.31.2020 – The 2020 Dems – Part II
- 1.28.2020 – Memo to Frightened Resisters: the 2020 Dems will be just fine… (Part I)
Our Broken Brains: GTFUP’s efforts to grapple with the sad reality that, under Trumpism, our brains are under siege every goddamn day.
- 7.5.2020 – We should all be sad. We should all be scared. We should all be f*ing furious.
- 12.16.2019 – “False composure,” in this American Crisis (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- 8.22.2019 – The New York Times, the Narrative, and the Relentless Aberrance of the Trump Presidency
Our Rotting Nation: Trumpism’s corruption of every nook and cranny of our government, our national discourse, our national identity
- 7.30.2019 – Those “adults in the room?” They’re gone.
- 7.21.2019 – This is going to cost us all something (aka “Freedom Ain’t Free”)
The Tenuous World Stage: In case you missed it, the liberal world order that made America as we know it, is under attack…